We Are A Community of Practice
We welcome you to join Healthy Native Youth’s Community of Practice virtual gatherings held the second Wednesday of every month at 10-11 am PST.
Sessions include new resources and opportunities to engage with topical experts. As a community, we share our strengths and expertise about how we will improve the lives of Native youth.
Tribal health educators, teachers, parents, prevention specialists; people who share a passion for improving the lives of Native youth.
How To Join
- At the time of the Community of Practice meeting, please visit: https://echo.zoom.us/j/91188363001?pwd=UjRUenYvSWtmaVBkV1g1SllmM3UyQT09
- Password: 946799
- To join by phone only: +1-646-558-8656
- MEETING ID: 970 8830 5300
- Press *6 to mute your line when not speaking.
- Text HEALTHY to 97779 and receive Comunity of Practice connection info each month on your phone!
- Receive our Healthy Native Youth monthly e-Newsletter for great resources!
- Text YouthNews to 22828
Our 2019-2020 Schedule
- 9/11/19: Welcome to Healthy Native Youth 2.0! What’s Available & What’s New
- 10/9/19: Intro to Evaluation: Gathering Info to Improve Programs
- 11/13/19: Building Community Support: Creating Community Partnerships
- 12/11/19: “All Relations” Communications: Broaching “The Talk” & Other Sensitive Topics
- 1/8/20: Who’s the Best Health Educator Around? Brush up on your Programming & Youth Skills
- 2/12/20: 2SLGBTQ Inclusion in the Community & Classroom
- 3/11/20: Supporting Youth Experiencing Trauma in the Classroom & Beyond
- 4/8/20: Protective Factors Against Human Trafficking & Missing and Murdered Indigenous Relatives (MMIR)
- 4/22/20: Taking Care of Ourselves during the COVID-19 pandemic – Tips & Tools
- 5/13/20: Youth Identity and Healthy Relationships
- 6/10/20: Escape the Vape: Tobacco & Vaping
- 7/8/20: (Special 2 hour session!) Social Media Platforms To Reach Youth