Tips and Tools
Websites for Educators
Websites for Youth
Social Marketing Campaigns
To develop health promotion messages that resonate with AI/AN youth, the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board uses social marketing,
an evidence-based planning process that improves the impact of health promotion messages. The model uses formative research to identify
priority populations, segment the community into distinct audiences, pretest materials with the audience, and then monitors the campaign
to assess its effectiveness.
We’ve used this community-driven process to design social marketing campaigns addressing health topics important to AI/AN communities, including:
- Native. Tested. Proud: Encourages routine HIV testing for everyone 13-64 years old.
- Native. LGBT. Proud: Is designed to reduce stigma and promote HIV testing among AI/AN LGBTQ-Two Spirit community members.
- I Strengthen My Nation: Empowers Native youth to resist drugs and alcohol.
- We Are Connected. We Need You Here: Provides hope to those thinking about suicide and shows there are people around them who can help.
- Community is the Healer that Breaks the Silence: Encourages families to identify suicide warning signs.
- Stand Up, Stand Strong: Empowers communities to stand up against bullying.
- My Body, Mind, and Spirit are Sacred: Is designed to address and prevent sexual assault.
- What is Done to One is Felt by All: Is designed to prevention family maltreatment, including child abuse, elder abuse, and intimate