The Healthy Native Youth website was produced in collaboration by the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board,
the Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, the Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Inc.,
and the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
To design the site, they teamed up with adolescent health colleagues and stakeholders across Indian Country to build connections and gain
insights based on their experience. The team brainstormed strategies to support the dissemination of culturally-appropriate sexual
health programs to AI/AN youth. The Healthy Native Youth website emerged from this year-long planning process.
- Amy Gorn, Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc.
- Andria Apostolou, Indian Health Service
- Anna Wong, Rural Alaska Community Action Program, Inc.
- April Arbuckle, Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association
- Carol Kaufman, University of Colorado Denver
- Crissy Garcia, Nimiipuu Health
- Crystal Lee, Contractor
- Deb Hayes, Bering Strait School District
- Debbie Manuel, Morning Star Leaders
- Elton Naswood, Office of Minority Health
- Jack Edmo, Bureau of Indian Education
- Kelly Concho-Hayes, Boys & Girls Club of America Native Services
- Kirsten Black, University of Colorado Denver
- Lauren Tingey, Johns Hopkins University
- Lisa Neel, Indian Health Service
- Lynnann Yazzie, UNITY
- Mary Kim Titla, UNITY
- Michelle Singer, Center for Healthy Communities, Oregon Health & Science University
- Paula Ciniero, Council of Athabascan Tribal Governments
- Renee Linton, Big Brothers, Big Sisters of AK
- Rick Haverkate, Indian Health Service
- Robert Foley, National Indian Health Board
- Theresa Price, Mesa Public Schools
- Wendy Nakatsukasa-Ono, Cardea
- William E. Lambert Ph.D., Center for Healthy Communities, Oregon Health & Science University
We are eternally grateful to the dedicated friends and colleagues who contributed to the site’s design! This project was funded by the
Indian Health Service HIV Program and the Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Fund.